Friday 4 January 2013

Quarter 4 summary, 2012 reflection and hopes and aspiration of New Year 2013

Christmas smile from me to you
Hahaha... when I put up 'Quarter 4', I bet it sounds so much like talking about the last quarter of the fiscal year 2012. Yes, I was talking about the last quarter of the year but I'm not going to discuss in financial terms. That stays in the office. LOL! I'm just going to summarize my activities for the last 3 months of the year 2012 for record, a reminder of what I've done during that period.

October recap: 

  • Hanging out with the cousins(Gideon, Beatrice) and niece(Vanessa) around KL and visiting Rimbun Dahan(lead by Ashly). 
  • Attending Nawal's wedding (mini USM, esp Amaniax reunion).
  • Labuan chapter: Gladys' birthday
  • Larian Maksak (won women's invitational category)
  • K08 Aman Damai reunion - catching up with Maisara Ahmad and Vijieshwary Malon at The Gardens
  • Melaka meeting and rendezvous with cousin Umang.
  • Parliament session  - B. & P.27 Budget 2013
  • World Walking day with Shahrill Ramli and Diana Kamal and bump into other friends as well. 

November highlights: 
With Coach Awi & Coach Jeg at Kayu Nasi Kandar
  • Jaclyn Oyo's visit
  • Arthur's day with Melissa Escaraga
  • Penang chapter: Foodilicious, Ipoh mali for a day, catching up with Coach Fahlawi and Coach Jega, Raj, Calvin, and many more, and of course running my first ever 42.195km Penang Bridge International Marathon with Marysia. 
  • Visiting (more like 'spot-check') JKR KL Workshop area - one of KL's historical venues.
December in brief:
  • Joined the Evensong choir group. 
  • Baby O'se born to Sly and Jenn
  • Rendezvous ma cherie Diana who flew in to KL before her runaway bride solo honeymoon to Bali and Flores.
  • Returning to the motherland with ma cherie: back to Kuching for Christmas. 
  • Visiting the rice fields at Kpg Plaie.
  • Karok with my buddies Duay and Azlizan and their friend Michael. 
  • Dinner for the birthday girls Diana and Mummy. 
  • Christmas open house & catching up with childhood friends and school mates. 
  • Back to KL & work.
  • Sudden nightmare - hip dislocation.
Fooling around at Pullman with Azlizan & Duay
Bligh me! If it had not been for blogging, I wouldn't realize how many activities I've covered within the span of just 3 months. And of course there were more if I were to really go into detail. However, for this purpose, I decided to just condense everything so that I can recall in the future of my pass goings on. 

The highlight of October was Nawal's wedding. Nawal is one of the great cheerleaders of Aman Damai. What I meant in that sense was that she is a go-getter, highly spirited and motivated person, always cheering MOTIVATION for her fellow Aman Damai citizens or Amaniax, always up to the challenge kinda girl. I love her spirit and energy. Her journey to finally being Vito's wife is also one interesting one too. Everybody loves a good love story. I'm so  happy for her. May their marriage be blessed bountifully. 

Finally I can call myself a marathoner!
November's main highlight for me was running the PBIM. I enrolled myself for the marathon. It was my first time running 42.195km. just before the race, I was already somewhat injured but I was in denial because my spirits were high and I was very determined that I want to finish this race so badly, I would do it and swallow my pain. I may not be able to finish up my race within 5-5 & half hours but even with legs that needed crutches or wheelchair, I managed to sloth myself to the finishing line within the time frame given. 6 & half hours later, towards the finishing line, I felt a sense of relief and it felt as if I won a race. The race taught me a lot about life. I dedicated the race to God for he had given me so much especially through running. Running is a significant part of my life ever since I discovered it. I used that time to reflect on my life, I tested my spirit and push my body with determination. Running the marathon was very symbolic to me and I cherished it. Although I wasn't in tip top condition, I am glad to say that I've tasted the waters and since I've had such experience, I am looking forward to running another marathon, that is by God's grace if He allows me to run the next one this November. Why I choose PBIM as my marathon platform? Penang is very dear to my heart, the birth of my love for running, a place I call my second home, and a place where I can meet up with old friends who have grown with me throughout my young adult years. 

My lady love
What is not to love about December? Christmas month it is! The highlight centres around the Christmas season itself. There was my outing with Diana Alui in and around KL. Whenever we girls meet up, this was even way back when we were younger, we would centre ourselves around food. We'd be talking away, cracking jokes, laughing away like nobody's business and just simply having a great time in each other's company. For all the tough times babe, I just want to know that I'll be there for you. What more to say for the happy times; I'll double it for you. As they say, a burden shared is halved, happiness shared is doubled. I'm glad that I was able to lift up your spirits and at least make your day even when we hadn't got much time together. Thank you sister for the many wonderful years of friendship and the good Lord bless us with many more, God willing, years to come. I love you! Anyways, back to Christmas. After Diana returned from her Bali trip, we both flew back to Kuching and we celebrated her birthday alongside Mummy's. We had a superb dinner at Pinoy Pinoy, located at Padungan area. It was all lovely, the setting, the ambience, the company - Mummy, Papa, Boy, Unyang and Diana. Food was great, we had hearty laughs over conversations and simply put, it was just a splendid birthday bash. Moving on, Christmas day open house: We had quite a lot of people turning up, Mummy's friends esp in the morning, Hui Ling & her family, Auntie Yoo Loong and Auntie Alice. I received Cynthia Bangan and her brood that morning. How unfortunate the whole family had red eyes but thank God, I did not catch it. It was nice to see her, even if it's once a year - Christmas it is. Later it in the evening, Celestea came for ulam dinner, shortly after were Juliana Lu, her brother David and her lil man Raquel. Then there was the artist himself, Mr. Cuzario David of Relent or 1a.m. The closing guests were Diana and her bunch - her cousins Jonathan, Rikan, Ruran, Achang and her nephew Laja. Laja was very entertaining that night. I reckon someday he could be a really good stand up comedian.
Happy birthday Mummy & Diana. With Papa, myself and Unyang

Christmas was short lived and so the next day, after much hassle in the immigration office for hastening my passport production, I flew back to KL and went to work the next day. I only worked for 3 days and then I was given 5 days MC when one fine Saturday morning, as I was driving out of my parking lot, leaving for my choir practice, I felt pain when I tried to press the petrol gauge. I only went one round and I returned to my parking lot. I called Mr. Ramesh to inform him I couldn't make it for choir, called Olivia but her mom picked up the phone, called Sheila and called Mama Thong. Olivia's mum massage me that afternoon and Sheila continued on that night and stayed overnight to accompany me. On Sunday, Britto drove me to Selayang Hospital to seek treatment. Mama Thong came over to see me Selayang hospital alongside her husband. I'm so touched. The next few days, I went for interval acupuncture treatment, got my situation diagnosed right (apparent hip bone displacement/dislocation of femur) Even in unfortunate situations, there are blessings in disguise. I felt that I was blessed. Blessed to have neighbours and friends who cared. Blessed that in such disparity, God showed me that there's still kindness in the people of KL. For that I'm very grateful. 

2012 - what can I say about it? I only started blogging towards the end of the year so most of my journalling were through facebook - through the pictures and statuses that I posted. I've had my share of happiness and fun as well as betrayals in the friendship department. Sometimes such things happen and it will tell you who your true friends are, who to trust. It also, unfortunately or fortunately makes you create a layer of protection around you. At the same time, one becomes personally vulnerable and go into self isolation. But whatever it is, as they say, life goes on. Time waits for no man. Perhaps someday I will find courage and strength to finally come face to face and explain the reason for my isolation. Sorry friends, for now, I need my space. Hmm... I should highlight all the good things that happened in 2012 but I guess there were too many to sum up. I think those last 3 months pretty much says a lot for what the whole of 2012 was like. However, I'm glad I had my old friends who love me, who know and accept me for who I am and stood by me for all the hard times. You people made me feel loved. 

What are my hopes and aspirations for 2013? If there's one thing I'd like to do, I'd like to run the marathon again but this time in the best of form or at least, injury free. However, the start of 2013 had a good feeling, despite my right leg being a handicap. I'll just smile and dance along with the song... :) . Hope is what keeps man alive. What shall I hope for? Kaizen in every or at least some aspect perhaps... personal growth, spirituality, relationship with friends and family, improve in job performance, many more. Putting them out here is somewhat a sign that I pledge to do so and therefore at the end of the day, be accountable for the happenings at the end of the year when I open up the jar of list of good happenings/blessings. 

And so, I end this with my own little hope and prayer.

Dear Lord Jesus, 

Colgate moment with my favourite ice cream. 
I am grateful for where I am today. You brought me here and my journey hasn't stop till you take me away from this earth. I can't do anything with my own strength, so I hope that Lord Jesus, remind me that you have my hands, you will walk me through the green pastures as well as the valley of the shadow of death. May I venture it without fear or fervor in my heart, trusting that You will lead the way, wherever Your destiny for me lies. I may not be perfect but Your love transcends everything. Despite my irregularities, my downfalls, You were always faithful. I ain't no saint, I hope You will help me out here... Thank you Lord for listening to my prayers. I know You will answer them all, it's either YES, NO, MAYBE or in Your time. Praise You Lord. In Jesus' most precious name I pray and ask all this.     

Amen.


Hope against hope, as hope is what keeps man alive, may 2013 be a better year for all. Toodles & Happy New Year!!!


 

2 comments:

  1. nicely written Kitty Kat! Yes we love you for your loyal friendship! We know you are a good friend and we are trying to be one for you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY LADY. AWWWWWWWWW... got teary eyed at one point there... no lah, several times there... Yeps, we had a rolling stone year in 2012, didn't we? Life has taught us so many lessons, different topics each time. And you know what? We grew so well through the thick and thin (thin: you and me: fat). Be sure that God is our everlasting hope and in Him alone we place our trust and faith. Hugs lady...!!! And LOVE YOU TOO <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete