Thursday 20 September 2012

The truth shall set you free

 People hunt for the truth. They say the truth will set you free. Some say, truth hurts. Truth makes the path straight. Jesus says He is the Truth. I'm not here to preach. Na'a... I'm not qualified to do so. I'm just discussing this subject called truth.

Have you ever been in a situation that demands the truth that it becomes a dilemma to convey or express it? I think many of us have been in such situation. We struggle with our inner self, our morals and standards as well as believes on how to react to such situations that beckons just that, the truth. I like how Paolo Coelho puts it: "Telling the truth and making someone cry is better than telling a lie and making someone smile."

The truth has made my heart sank, put a smile on my face, at times - made me angry, made me somewhat just non responsive, at times bewildered. Welcoming truth in an unexpected way, in-your-face or a rude shock... well, it may not be in the nicest of manner, but the spirit of it is that it was all about the truth. It can be just as painful to tell the truth as much as it is to receive the truth. Sometimes, we have the perception that, people may not be able to handle the truth so we lie. We lie to protect them. That is what we thought. However, when we lie, we might expose them to danger, to the fake believe that all is alright. Even in a situation with regards to black news like a death of someone, the news needs to be conveyed but the art of conveying needs to be tread delicately. Still, truth is important. It needs to be heard.

I can go on and on about truth, but it will just go around the bush. It's still the same story, same message. Do a kind thing, be truthful. Being truthful irons out the crease. Goodnight world.

No comments:

Post a Comment